It doesn’t matter if you’re a solo startup, an established business, or a growing brand – you’ll need to set your business up for success. It will require hard work and thought to reach your target market and make them aware of your business. But you’re not the only one who needs to work for it. There are so many marketing strategies to set your business up for success. If you’re starting from scratch, you may find it difficult to know where to begin. With that in mind, I’ve outlined five proven marketing strategies you can use to set your business up for success.
Make sure your business can easily be found online
- Having a website is important because it’s where potential customers go to learn more about you and your products or services.
- Having a blog helps you rank higher on search engine results pages (SERPs). You can also use your blog to promote new products and services, educate existing and potential customers, increase customer loyalty, and build trust within your community.
- In order for a user to find your business online, they have to be able to type in the right keyword (or combination of keywords) into their search bar, which will yield relevant results that are optimized for SEO. What does this mean? Let’s say someone types in “Los Angeles dentist”—the results should show you as the top result before any other dentists in LA because you’ve optimized your content with those keywords.
- Make sure that you’re active on all social media channels so that potential customers can easily find out more information about your brand or product/service offering without having to leave their current channel (e.g., if they like what they see from an Instagram post). This is where people tend to do most of their research before making purchasing decisions nowadays.
Build relationships with your customers
Building relationships with customers, then keeping them loyal to your business is an essential part of any marketing strategy. After all, it costs five times more to attract a new customer than it does to keep a current customer coming back. So, how do you keep customers invested in your company? Here are two ways:
- One way to cultivate customer loyalty is by offering perks such as discounts or freebies when they buy your products or services. For example, if you send invoices online and email receipts to your clients after they’ve paid their bills, you can offer a discount on their next purchase if they share the receipt on social media channels and tag your business. You’re not only showing appreciation for their business but also encouraging them to recommend you to others in their network.
- Another way you can show gratitude toward existing customers is by thanking them for choosing your company during special occasions such as holidays or birthdays. Sending out personalized greeting cards adds that personal touch that makes the gesture all the more meaningful—you could even include a small gift card with each card!
Lead Based Marketing
Lead-based marketing is a common technique used in the advertising world. It has been around for decades and is one of the most effective means of generating leads for any business. Lead-based marketing gives those who don’t have a sales team (or don’t have the time or money to hire one) access to qualified, targeted leads. Lead based marketing can be executed via both digital and traditional methods. For example, you might purchase an ad on TV or in a magazine that will display your number at the end with a message to call it to learn more about your product or service. You could also offer discounts and/or coupons online through social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter, which would link directly to your website where users can sign up for your lead list. Regardless of the digital medium you choose, this type of marketing strategy is both cost-effective and highly targeted. You’ll receive qualified leads without having to spend upfront money on expensive sales teams or pay for advertising space in newspapers, magazines, etc.
NETWORKING is key!
Networking is key to set your business up for success because it’s a great way to get exposure. You can network with people who work in the same industry or you can network with potential customers. If you network with other business owners, they will share your business with their followers. They will also give you feedback on your products and services which could be used to improve them.
Work with influencers
One of the most effective ways to market your business is by working with influencers in your niche. Influencers are people with a dedicated audience who are interested in buying the type of product or service you offer. They’re not celebrities or famous people – they’re normal everyday folks who share content on social media, blog, or publish videos on YouTube.
But how do you work with influencers?
You can start by identifying potential influencers to partner with and evaluating them based on their reach and engagement metrics. Then you can move on to contacting them and negotiating a deal that works for both parties, determining how you will measure success, and setting up a contract.
To make your business a success, you need to make it easy for your customers to find you. And with these 5 marketing strategies you can set your business up for long-term growth.