As a student, you probably get your major purpose to get an education and start a career in the field you’ve chosen. You need to study hard to become a well-paid professional in the future. However, you cannot rely on your parents in everything, and as far as you need extra pocket money, you may need a part-time job. Part-time job is a great solution for the students who cannot devote to work eight hours a day but still need money. Here’s the list of the most popular student jobs you can take without harm to your study:
- If you’re really good in some subject, people will pay you money if you can help them with it. You can offer your help to your classmates as well as to the school students.
- If you find it easy to find the common language with kids, this kind of job is exactly what you need. Moreover, if your further employment will be connected with children, you will also benefit from getting references from the parents.
- Retail salesman. This is one of the most popular jobs nowadays. You will need to be a good communicator, attentive to detail and the skill of persuading people to make them buy something. If your major is marketing, you’ll find it very useful for future career.
- A lot of students work as waiters as there are usually lots of restaurants around and you can choose the one you like and find most suitable. The waiters also receive tips, which is the pleasant bonus for your salary.
- Paid internship. The best part-time job for a student is the one which is connected with their major. So, do your best to find a paid job in your field and it will give you not only money, but the precious experience.
- Fitness instructor. If you enjoy keeping in a good shape and can motivate others, this job will be a good fit for you! You’ll be able to work out and make money in the same time. If you’re really good at it, you can also give private lessons which will bring you even more money.
- More and more companies tend to hire freelancers, so you can easily apply online and work remotely at something you choose. There’s a vast variety of freelance opportunities in any field. Here are the most popular ones:
- web-development – if your major is IT, you can work on the small project related to web-development and web-design
- writer – the number of writing opportunities is overwhelming. Blogs, online magazines, documentation, specifications – your writing services will come handy for the company in any field
- translator – if you have a fluent foreign language, why not to use these skills to make money? Any business with foreign clients or partners may need your services.
- Your income may vary depending on the type of photography, but anyway for a college student it’s a great opportunity.
So, find the part-time job which appeals to you most and enjoy the money you’ve earned on your own!